Wednesday 24 July 2013

Underwater

Underwater

16 meters underwater. A beautiful place, reserved only for the most daring people with a love for the ocean. Fishes swimming around you, your oxygen tank surprisingly light, the only sound is your breathing. You’re floating, suspended in water. It’s amazing.

Two months ago, this was where I was, taking part in my final scuba diving exam. It’s a fantastic experience that not many people have the guts to do. With all of the safety precautions and risks, it seems a bit daunting, but it’s worth it. It took me six months of training to get to this stage, and I was proud of myself.

I did my four first open water dives in the red sea in Egypt, and the instructors were shocked when I told them I was only thirteen. I remember my third dive clearly, as I turned around, only to come face to face with a grey tip shark. I was a little bit shocked to say the least, but that wasn’t the only part of the amazing wildlife that I encountered. I swam past a few stingrays, a group of Moray eels, and even a family of dolphins. The rainbow of corral meant that you couldn’t really get bored either, the sea conjuring up a new array of amazing sights every time your head disappeared under the surface.

If you ever get the chance to go scuba diving, even if it’s only a taster, take it. Trust me, you wont regret it. I know that I’m hooked


By Abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving us a comment - we will share them at our group meetings