Wednesday 24 July 2013

Teens hate politics!

Why Do Teens Hate Politics?

Today we had a workshop about Politics and Democracy. It was fun but I know the majority of pupils in my class didn’t like it because it was boring. The same in my last CP/PSHE lesson on Government. My hand shot up with the answer so many times that my teacher had to keep saying ‘Come on girls (It’s a girls’ school) don’t leave Temilola to do all the work’ or ‘Right, someone else apart from Temilola has to give the answer’. But no one else’s had shot up the way mine did. That was fun too but I know the majority of young people don’t like politics because it has nothing to do with them. I can’t say I’m part of that majority of youth.

I find politics and current affairs and international relations such a fascinating subject because of how it’s always changing. It fascinates me so much that I want to work in it when I’m older. People don’t understand how interesting it is. I know its kind of geeky but I don’t care. I might be the only person in my class who watches the news (and I mean voluntarily). Or the only one who knows what the teacher is saying when he or she explains the latest news story and doesn’t groan with boredom.

It’s about the lies and the wacky policies and the underdog party – That’s what makes it interesting. However there are so many teens that don’t understand how it affects them but I do. I can’t answer the question that I presented you with but I know it’s their loss that they hate it. I’m one step ahead of them and they don’t know that yet. Some people are stuck in their ‘massive’ worlds of twitter, facebook and bbm and they can stay there. I don’t care. All I know is that I’m connected with the whole world. And I know that I’m connected with politics.


Temilola.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving us a comment - we will share them at our group meetings